“>Our absolute mission is to achieve reunification of children and young people to their family or a long term foster placement as safely and quickly as possible.
ID Support has opened the first of a number of children’s homes, providing a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment, in which children and young people displaced from families can be reunified to their birth family or long-term foster care placement using a multi-systemic approach of intervention embracing the best working practices.
At The Grange we believe that wherever possible children and young people benefit from living within a family. Therefore, the objectives are to:
- Achieve reunification to the family or long term foster placement as safely and quickly as possible. Children and young people, at times, are unable to live with their birth families for a variety of reasons including for their protection from harm.
- Provide opportunities for each young person to learn, grow and make informed choices about their future, whilst offering an environment in which they can take time to repair and move forward from bad experiences in their life.
- Provide a physically and emotionally supportive residential environment within established boundaries for the children and young people we look after.
- Respect and dignity for each and every individual regardless of their race, gender, cultural background or ability.
- An ethos and atmosphere that is conducive to personal growth, whilst taking all reasonable measures to minimise the risk of harm to self or others.
- A caring, nurturing and stimulating environment that enables children and young people to reach their potential, building on strengths and celebrating individual achievement.
- A safe environment, free from abuse in its many forms, including bullying and any behaviour that is disrespectful of the individual or groups of individuals or their family or community.
- Individual Education packages for each young person, which will both aid the reparative process and will offer them the chance to maximise their future life choices.
- A framework of support in which the child or young person can be brought to confront the meaning and significance of their behaviour, thereby opening up the possibility of change.
- A working partnership with each child or young person and in co-operation with other agencies, in order to provide a continuity and consistency of care that will benefit the child or young person as a whole.
We place great importance on recruiting and retaining high calibre staff that possess appropriate qualifications and experience. We appoint staff of mixed ages, gender and ethnicity, that will individually and collectively present as positive role models for the children and young people in our care.