At ID Academy, we want our pupils to develop a sense of personal achievement. We aim to provide:
- A multi-disciplinary approach to personalised curriculum developed through working with parents, referring authorities and the care team.
- A framework of personal objectives that help us to work towards targets for individual development.
- An emphasis on developing pride and self-confidence through achievement and success. Skilled management and development of behaviour designed around a carefully planned framework of rules, rewards and sanctions.
- Therapeutic work to develop the young person’s self-esteem.
- A planned progression towards maturity and self-reliance, leading to work experience and careers education programmes, to prepare pupils for the next stage of their education.
- A wide range and variety of interests and activities.
At ID Academy, we aim for the school to achieve high standards of professional Care and Education. In order to achieve this we provide:
- Fully qualified Teachers who are able to deliver a broad and balanced classroom curriculum, together with qualified and experienced Teaching Assistants.
- Staff who are aware of their personal contribution towards the aims and objectives of the school and who are committed to achieving high standards.
- An Accredited Centre for GCSE and NOCN examinations.
- Supervision, appraisal and training as a Professional Development Programme for all employees.
- Support to staff by a Chartered Clinical Child Psychologist.
Please view the ID Prospectus for further information. Details of the school’s ethos, aims and vision & values can be found in our Prospectus. Key Policies can also be found in the ID Academy Menu Tab above.
Please note that we received approval to open as an Independent School from the Department of Education on 23rd November 2017. Ofsted will inspect our school before November 2018 and the report will be published here.